- To begin searching the entire Geology Collections Database click on the “Start Searching” button.
- Basic and Advanced search fields ARE case sensitive. For example, searching for Type Status "Holotype" vs "holotype" will not return the same records. (We are cleaning our data as quickly as we can!)
- The Key word search can be used to search all available fields. This search is a "contains" search and will find that value if it is contained in any field.
- Apply filters on the left to restrict the records in your search. For instance search for all silver objects from Peru by applying the Materials filter and search Country = Peru.
- Additional collection specific information can be found under the "Collections Homepage" tab.
- Information about individual collections datasets can be found under "Database Information" tab on the site home page
- There are two options for downloading a csv of selected data available on buttons on the bottom right of the page. The simple download gives you a general overview of each specimen, the extended download has more fields.
- Attempts to download more that 4000 records will not complete.